Closing the Treatment Gap
We fund proven front-line programs in places where there is a real need. We look for innovation, measurable results and the ability to replicate success. Our goal is to fund programs in every region of Canada that can impact lives right now.
The Programs that A Dollar A Day seeks to fund are based, like the foundation itself, on a fundamental belief in the value of each and every person. We fund front line programs that support professionals in diagnosing and treating persons with mental illness and addictions in a timely and respectful manner regardless of politics, religion, gender, race or ability to pay. As we are not experts in mental health and addictions, we rely on the expertise of great partners (like the Canadian Mental Health Association) to identify specific needs and programs that are making a difference. Here is what we consider in funding programs on behalf of our donors:
- Frontline Programs - Does the program have a positive impact on a person suffering today?
- Demand/Need - Is there a compelling need for this program in this area/region?
- Lasting Impact - Does the program have the potential to be life changing?
- Measurable Results - How are these impacts measured?
- Ability to Replicate - Could the program be successfully replicated elsewhere?
- Innovative - Is there potential be groundbreaking in terms of its overall impact?
- Regional impact - There is a desire to fund programs in every province and territory in Canada.
Featured Project - Thrive CYN
Meeting youth where they are, helping youth go where they want to go, and supporting youth to be who they want to be. Thrive provides innovative programs and approaches to support individuals struggling with mental health
Featured Project - Living Life to the Full (LLTF)
Living Life to the Full (LLTF) is an eight-session, 12-hour, evidence-based mental health promotion course. It is designed to help people deal with everyday life challenges by teaching better self-management skills using cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) concepts and techniques.
The four Charites we have selected for funding in 2018 are here:
Early in 2019 we will review with our partners requests for funds for 2019 and beyond. Additional information will be available as we near 2019. Any further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Dollar a Day Foundation works primarily through its partners to identify programs to fund. However, if your organization delivers front-line programs in support of persons with mental health and addictions we encourage you to submit a two-page summary of your project outlining how it fits with our mission and the criteria we’ve outlined in What We Look For. Don’t forget your contact information and relevant links to online information.